What offices are on the ballot in the 2024 election cycle?
In New Hampshire both members of Congress, the Governor, all Executive Council members, State Senate, and the New Hampshire State House Representatives are up for reelection every two years. One of our two Senators (Chris Pappas) is up for re election in 2024 In addition, the Sullivan County District 3 Commissioner seat and all other Sullivan County positions will be on the ballot in 2024.

Register to Vote!

Qualifications to Vote in New Hampshire:

  • Be a United States citizen
  • Be 18 years or older by the date of the election
  • Domiciled in a New Hampshire Town

Check if you are registered to vote here: https://app.sos.nh.gov/voterinformation

How to Register to Vote

If you meet the eligibility qualifications listed above, you can register to vote on Election Day at the polling place in your town or ward. There is no requirement for how long you need to have lived in your town before being able to register. Visit your designated polling location on Election Day and complete a Voter Registration Form, which will be provided at the polling location. You will need to show proof of identity, age, citizenship and having established a domicile in that town or city ward, so bring proper forms of identification. A list of the acceptable identification is provided at this link.

Go to your local town clerk’s office and bring proof of identity, age, citizenship, and domicile in your town or ward. Make sure to bring proper forms of identification! A list of acceptable identification can be found at this link. If you are unsure of who your town clerk is, you can find it at this website: https://app.sos.nh.gov/clerkinformation. Full information HERE.


If you meet the eligibility qualifications listed above and are unable to register in person because of physical disability, religious beliefs, military service, or because of a temporary absence, you can register by mail. You should request an absentee voter registration affidavit and a standard voter registration form from your town clerk or from the Secretary of State’s office. Your town clerk is a phenomenal resource to be in contact with during this process.

If you request an absentee ballot and are NOT yet a registered voter, the town clerk will send you both your absentee ballot and your absentee voter registration forms with instructions. As an absentee voter, feel free to contact your town clerk with any questions.
Supervisors of the Checklist (whose job includes but is not limited to entering newly registered voters) are required to meet 6-13 days before the primary and general election but will occasionally hold voluntary sessions before then. You will be registered to vote when the Supervisors of the Checklist approve your application.

There are several ways to go about requesting an absentee ballot. You can call your Town Clerk to have them email you an application. You can print a copy of the application for an absentee ballot at this link. After you print and fill out the form, you can either mail or fax it to your Town Clerk. Finally, you can go follow this link at Vote.org to request an absentee ballot virtually.


If you are a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sexual assault and you have a valid protective order (under RSA 173-B or 633:3-a) you may request that your name and address be removed from the public checklist in the town you are currently registered to vote in under RSA 654:25. Because of this, you are eligible to vote via absentee ballot. You need to register to vote using a special Absentee Voter Registration form, so you should get in contact with the Town Clerk’s office at least a month before the election to allow time for the processing of the form. You will need to provide proof of the valid protective order. If you live in a shelter and if you are a participant in the Address Confidentiality Program (ACP) you can get complete voting information from the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence at this link.


You can always register at the polls on Election Day.
If you want to register via absentee ballot or before Election Day, the last day that town clerks and supervisors can accept voter registration applications is February 27th , 2021 for town elections or on May 1, 2021 for the alternate town elections. This date changes before every election, and you can always register to vote on Election Day.


Proof of Identification, Age, and Citizenship:

  • A driver’s license or non-driver ID from any state will give proof of identity and age and can provide domicile address.
  • A birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or naturalization document satisfies proof of citizenship.

For Proof of Domicile, it can get a little trickier. These documents satisfy the requirements:

  • A New Hampshire driver’s license or non-driver ID
  • A document from the school showing that you attend and live in on-campus housing, which can be as simple as a paper that shows your name and the address where you live on campus.
  • Students can also use their smart phone to show election officials from the college or university’s official student electronic website records that gives evidence of where the student lives on campus.
    • If you feel unsure of where to find this information, reach out to a school official for additional guidance.
  • A rental agreement, lease, or similar document that shows your name and the address of your domicile
  • A document showing that you own the place you are domiciled at, such as a deed, property tax bill, or other similar document that has your name and address.
  • A document showing that you enrolled a dependent minor child in a public school that serves the town or ward of your domicile
  • Any state or federal tax form, other government form, or government issued identification that shows your name and your domicile address.
  • Any form from the US Post Office showing your name and the physical address where you are domiciled (not a P.O. Box).
  • A public utility bill, such as such as an electric, telephone, water, gas, or other utility bill, with your name and domicile address on it.
  • A note from a homeless shelter or other service provider located in the town or ward where you will vote that confirms they will receive US mail sent to you at that address.