Welcome to our discussion boards! You can view as a guest and sign up to post. Please be respectful!
We are testing out this feature, if it’s abused or troublesome it will be removed.

Forum Navigation
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

CANDIDATE FOR CORNISH SELECT BOARD

Dear Cornish residents,

My name is Jason Bourne and I am running for a 3-year term on the Town of Cornish Select Board in our Town Election on March 14th.

I was raised in Cornish, attending Cornish Elementary School then Stevens High and Kimball Union Academy. After college at Keene State, my wife and I decided to return to Cornish, where we made a home of our own and raised three children. Over the past 30 years, we have been involved in various aspects of the school, local athletics, fundraising, and town committee work. I have served on the town's Zoning Board of Adjustment for more than 15 years.

For those who haven't met me, I am friendly, approachable, open-minded, and thoughtful. I consider facts and data to inform my decisions. Professionally, I work in the field of information technology, serving as the Director of Technology at Kimball Union Academy. In that capacity, I am managing personnel, budgets, equipment, and contractors while maintaining operations of our data network and academic technology solutions in a 24x7 environment. I am a problem-solver by trade and by nature. I do my research, I stay within budget, and I keep moving forward.

As the town considers topics like the future of broadband access and community energy initiatives, it is important that we have forward-thinking administrators who see the value of investing in our future, when and where it makes sense, while keeping a close eye on the bottom line. I believe in Cornish, in sustainable governance, and in our rural way of life. Please give me the opportunity to continue my service to our town by voting for me March 14th.

Jason Bourne
677 East Rd.
Cornish, NH
603-285-2596